Quick Review: GoPro Hero 6 Black is Here!
In February GoPro announced they will be releasing new cameras annually instead of every two years “We can confirm there will be new cameras and other accessories released during the year and [a] new camera namely being Hero 6 ,” CEO Nick Woodman told investors in February this year.
Today the NEW GoPro Hero6 Black camera was released. GoPro also revealed the Fusion, a revolutionary new action camera designed to capture spherical video. This is a review of the new Hero 6.
On the outside, the camera looks very similar to the Hero5 black model, which was the first model that was waterproof up to 10m without a special housing. Hero6 has the same waterproof level as well as same look and design of the body. Hero5 AND Hero6 both fit into the same super suit housing, Hero6 is also compatible with our Split dome port. There are however bigger changes on the inside.
New GoPro Custom-Designed GP1 Processor has improved camera video quality and helped with improved image stabilization. If compared with Hero5, the new Hero6 doubles the video specs – it is able to record video up to 4K at 60 fps or 1080p up to 240 fps. In addition dynamic range is also improved as well as low-light performance.
GoPro also claims that they have integrated the most advanced video stabilization that they have ever achieved. The complete feature list of the new GoPro:
- Powered by GoPro Custom-Designed GP1 Processor
- 4K 60 fps and 1080p 240 fps Video
- QuikStories Enabled, GoPro App Compatible
- Most Advanced Stabilization of any HERO camera
- All-New Touch Zoom
- 3x Faster Offload Speeds via 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- Waterproof to 33 feet (10m)
- Compatible with Karma and Existing GoPro Mounts
- Improved Dynamic Range and Low-Light Performance
- Raw and HDR Photo Modes
- Voice Control in 10 Languages
- GPS, Accelerometer, and Gyroscope
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The GoPro HERO6 Black is available today for $499 in US, in Europe it will cost you more – 569€.